OK, everyone is currently talking about Twitter. But close behind on everyone’s radar is the Swedish music service, Spotify.
1) …is brilliant.
2) …is virally spreading like wildfire which is great news for both the music industry & the fans
3) …’s subscriptions model is good, but from my brief research (conversations), very few are opting for the paid model
4) …have only one (mightily annoying) advertiser (the energy saving trust) and their own subs advertising
5) …will be taking an enormous financial hit at the moment to pay the artists for use of their music
6) …will need to get more advertisers on board quickly, otherwise they could face a real problem…
I really hope that Spotify proves to be a success, however, unless they get some advertisers on board they’ll face some serious funding issues.